Vegetarian Restaurants in Osaka
Introduce 5 Vegan and Vegetarian Restaurants in Osaka. There are especially many restaurants that offer brown rice instead of white rice, Japan’s staple food.
1. Vegetarian Cafe GreenEarthDescriptions: Green Earth was the first restaurant in Osaka offering a completely vegan menu. The Daily Lunch (750JPY (included tax)) has a main dish, salad, side dish (vegetable), soup. And you can choice from brown rice, black rice or vegan bread. They also have sandwiches and hot dogs made with soybean meat, curry, pasta, pizza, all of which are made with vegetables.
Monday – Thursday and Saturday: 11:30AM – 5:00PM (L.O.4:30PM)
Friday: Lunch Time 11:30AM – 3:00PM (L.O.2:30PM), Dinner 6:00PM – 10:00PM (L.O.9:00PM)
Holiday: Sunday and National Holiday
Telephone Number: +81 6-6251-1245
Address: Ōsaka-fu, Ōsaka-shi, Chūō-ku, Kitakyūhōjimachi, 4 Chome−２−２, “1st Floor”
Access: 3 min by walk from Exit No.14, subway (地下鉄) Hommachi Station (本町駅) on Chuo-Line (中央線)
2. natural kitchen めだか2号店 (Medaka 2-GouTen)Descriptions: Natural kitchen Medaka is a restaurant that uses only organic ingredients and was made with the concept of offering food that helps support the body’s natural healing process. The main plate dish is the Daily Dinner Plate (1,080JPY) that comes with three kinds of vegetable side dishes that change daily, miso soup, and rice. There’s also the seasonal Chickpea and Bean Curd Veggie Croquette Plate (1,410JPY). The main plates are filling and popular.
Monday: 11:00AM – 3:00PM, 5:30PM – 9:30PM (L.O.9:00PM)
Tuesday – Saturday: 11:00AM – 9:30PM (L.O.9:00PM)
Sunday: 11:00AM – 9:00PM (L.O.8:30PM)
Telephone Number: +81 6-6364-7108
Address: Ōsaka-fu, Ōsaka-shi, Kita-ku, Toganochō, ３−20, “1st Floor”
Access: 5 min by walk, subway (地下鉄) Ougimachi Station (扇町駅) on Sakaisuji-Line (堺筋線) / 8 min by walk, JR Osaka Station (JR大阪駅) on JR Line (JR線)
3. HaiGenki Salon Shinsaibashi -GENMAI CAFE- (はい元氣サロン 心斎橋店)Descriptions: Hai Genki Salon GENMAI CAFE is a natural food cafe with brown rice as a staple and they don’t use eggs, dairy, or additives for a fully-reliable vegetarian menu made from scratch. You can choose from 16 kinds of filling for the Brown Rice Onigiri (150JPY (included tax)), which is fulfill cooked while still retaining brown rice’s characteristic texture for great deliciousness. If you get the GENMAI Salad Set (720JPY (included tax)), it comes with two Onigiri, soup, salad, and tea as a course that will help you reset your body from the overeating and over-drinking that most people do while on vacation. Also, the vegan Brown Rice Waffle (320JPY, 620JPY for a drink set (both included tax)) is this restaurant’s most popular menu.
Open/Close: 11:00AM – 6:00PM
Holiday: New Year Holidays
Telephone Number: +81 6-4704-4811
Address: Ōsaka-fu, Ōsaka-shi, Chūō-ku, Minamikyūhōjimachi, 3 Chome−６−９, “2nd Floor”
Access: 4 min by walk from Exit No.12, subway (地下鉄) Hommachi Station (本町駅) on Chuo-Line (中央線)
4. Gen-Mi-An (玄三庵 玄米&やさい食堂 肥後橋本店)Descriptions: Genmian is a restaurant where you can eat Japanese food that uses carefully selected vegetables and brown rice grown with minimal pesticides. The restaurant’s most popular dish is the 39 Vegetables Healthy Set Meal (920JPY for lunch, 970JPY for dinner – prices may change depending on branch). It’s not a fully vegan course, but this set meal changes every day but always features more than 39 vegetables, including some seasonal ones.
Monday – Friday: 11:30AM – 9:00PM (L.O.8:30PM)
Thursday: 11:30AM – 3:00PM (L.O.2:30PM)
Holiday: Sunday, National Holiday
Telephone Number: +81 6-6445-2039
Address: Ōsaka-fu, Ōsaka-shi, Nishi-ku, Edobori, 1 Chome−９−14, “1st Floor”
Access: 2 min by walk from Exit No.7, subway (地下鉄) Higobashi Station (肥後橋駅) on Yotsubashi-Line (四つ橋線)
5. shama (菜食インドレストラン shama)Descriptions: Vegetarian Indian Restaurant Shama is a place where vegans and vegetarians can enjoy genuine Indian curry. The lunch course Namaste Lunch (741 JPY (excl. tax)) is popular because it will fill you up. The set comes with two kinds of curry, that day’s soup, sprouts salad, naan, brown rice, drink, and sweets.
Lunch Time 11:00AM – 3:00PM
Dinner Time 5:00PM – 10:00PM (Not on Monday)
Telephone Number: +81 6-6536-6669
Address: Ōsaka-fu, Ōsaka-shi, Nishi-ku, Kitahorie, 1 Chome−３−7, “1st Basement Floor”
Access: 1 min by walk from Exit No.6, subway (地下鉄) Yotsubashi Station (四ツ橋駅) on Yotsubashi-Line (四つ橋線)
(12/6/2017 Updated by Language Rescue)